Common names for the Bicolour Blenny include; Two Tone Blenny, Two Coloured Blenny & Bi Coloured Blenny. They originate from Fiji, Indonesia & Sri Lanka
These funny little fish bring a whole heap of character to your tank. They love claiming a hole in the rockwork as their home, you will often just see their heads poking out of the hole. They will spend their days perched around the tank, normally towards the bottom of it.
They have been know to pick at the mantles of clams, and at fleshy LPS corals when underfed. In larger aquariums they rarely do damage to these corals or clams.
They can be aggressive towards other Blenny species, so care should be taken when considering adding them to an already establishes tank.
Tank Requirements & Facts
- Minimum tank size: 30 Gallon (115 Litres)
- Prone to disease: No, these are hardy little fish
- Beginner Compatible: Yes
- Adult Size: 4 inches (10cm)
- Reef Compatible: With caution
- Predator Tank Compatible: No
- Care Level: Easy
- pH: 8.1 to 8.4
- Temperature: 24°C to 28°C
- Preferred Tank Level: Close to live rock
- Lots of hiding places required
- Number to a tank: To be kept singularly, without other Blennies, unless you have a very large set-up.
These fish have no special requirements with feeding.
- These are omnivores
- A varied diet will help with health
- They are fast eaters
- Live foods, frozen foods and flake will all be appreciated.
Place your fish in the bucket and then drip acclimate for about 60 minutes at a rate of 2 drips per second. This should bring the fishes water parameters in line with your tanks parameters.
Once your fish has been drip acclimated, catch the fish with a net and place it gently into your tank. Do not put any of the water the fish originally came in, into your tank.
Care should be taken after adding the fish to ensure there is a tightly fitting lid on the aquarium at all times. These fish are known to be jumpers and they are more likely to jump when first introduced to an aquarium.
This website is expensive to run in both monetary value and time. If you like what you see, and find this site helpful, please consider donating towards the running costs of the site.
Thanks for updating about it, it’s really helpful. black skirt tetra care
LikeLiked by 1 person